Vacancy | Intern Data Science
Intern Data Science
32 - 40 hours, Arnhem, Netherlands
Hammer, based in the centre of Arnhem, provides market intelligence. We support our clients in their decision making with accurate information about their markets, customers and competitors. Especially in Agri, Food and Pharma. Hammer finds what others cannot find.
At Hammer we are always looking to expand our team with new energy and ideas! We have been collaborating with students from the Radboud University in setting up a data platform to aid our analysts and develop predictive modelling tools to assist our clients in their market strategies. Currently we are looking for a student (either Bachelor, Master or higher professional education) with a technical background to assist us in these projects. We are mainly looking at students from a study related to data science, computer science, or artificial intelligence. No specific skill set is required, but some useful skills that are convenient in many of our projects are:
1. Basic Python programming skills
2. Understanding of Natural Language Processing (NLP)
3. Understanding of machine learning principles
4. Understanding of database management tools (SQL/noSQL)
And some examples of opportunities for an internship:
1. Building and maintaining of web scrapers to retrieve news and other information relevant for our subjects of analysis and clients from online sources.
2. Building and training a classifier that automatically tags text snippets based on an active learning algorithm that enables progressive improvement based on continuous expert feedback.
3. Building a crowdedness monitor that helps a client in predicting visitor patterns.
The above list of internship opportunities is not exhaustive, and you can always contact us for an introductory meeting to see if we have an active project that fits your development track.
· Office at the beautiful Jansbuitensingel (5 min. from Arnhem Central) + excellent coffee
· Option to work from home/university/wherever you are, on your own device
· Steep learning curve, opportunity to be part of a growing start-up
· We are incredibly proud that as we’ve grown, our culture has remained constant. The essence? Collaboration, fun, and collective hard work without egos
· You’ll get a lot of responsibilities and freedom, we are allergic to bureaucracy
Interested? Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org